5/11/10

Under the Bodhi Tree, Metra Style

On my way to work today, I put aside the book I'm reading (The Fellowship of the Rings...meh) and the notebook I keep for my own writings (to which I'm sure Tolkien would say...meh) and I sat meditation, for a few moments. A few breaths after I started, I felt a rush of light fill me...it was wonderful...

Of course...I know it was just the cheap Metra train overheads, but that doesn't make the warmth, energy and comfort it brought me any less significant. After all, isn't that what light is supposed to bring us?

Who knows what depths of understanding of the universe I would have felt...if the guy behind me hadn't been talking to one of his legal clients. Oh, well...tomorrow is another day, another chance for train-riding enlightenment.

No comments:

Post a Comment